Students and/or parents must report an absence to Central Nine within a 24-hour period to report the absence so that the student is not marked as truant.
To submit an absence request through Skyward, complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Central Nine Skyward account.
- Click on the Attendance tile.
- Select the Absence Request tab under your child’s name.
- Click + Add Absence Request.
- Select the Start and End Dates of the absence.
- Select the Attendance Reason.
- OPTIONAL: Enter a comment.
- Click Save in the top left corner.
Students can qualify for an excused absence by:
– Participating in a job shadow experience
– attending a college visit
– attending a funeral
– attending documented medical appointments
– or other circumstances approved by admin
- If you’re sick, stay home. Come back when you feel better.
- If you decide to test, and you test positive
- 5 days out from onset of symptoms
- If feeling better, you may return on day 6 and remain masked for 5 days
- We will not be contact tracing.