With the possible spread of the Coronavirus, and as we are at the peak of cold and flu season, Central Nine would like to provide you with important tips on how to protect our students and families from illnesses.
- Any student with a fever should remain home until they are “fever free” (without a fever-reducing medicine) for 24 hours.
- Any student who has vomited should remain home for 24 hours.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-
based hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the elbow. Avoid coughing into the air. Dispose of used tissues.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay away from people who are sick or not feeling well and avoid close contact with others through hugging, kissing, or shaking hands.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as counters and doorknobs.
- Seek assistance from a doctor or health professional if you see or experience symptoms that cause concern.
To prevent the spread of germs in our building, Central Nine is taking the following precautions:
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers will be installed in the building.
- Signs encouraging proper handwashing and sneezing/coughing techniques will
- Classrooms will be provided with hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- A student who is sick will be quarantined in the Student Services Conference
Room until a parent/guardian can pick him/her up. Sick students will be
required to wear a medical mask.
- Desks/work areas of sick students will be sanitized immediately.
- And finally, students and staff are encouraged to stay home if sick. Do not “tough it out.”
- No student field trips
- To the Nines restaurant will be closed to the public
- No guests or guest speakers allowed on campus
- No new Adult Education students will be allowed to enroll
- Greenwood Rotary will not be able to meet on campus
- No potential student tours
- No off campus activities
- Taste of Central Nine is cancelled (Thursday, March 12th, 2020)
- We want to emphasize that there are no suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our schools at this time.
As of Monday, March 16th, Central Nine will be exercising the option to use extended eLearning for all campus-based programs until further notice.
When is Central Nines campus closed and using eLearning?
Monday, March 16th – Friday, March 20th Students will be using eLearning. Please contact your instructor for questions regarding coursework.
March 23rd – April 3rd is Spring Break.
By April 6th we will have updated information regarding our next steps.
My Student has an IEP, 504 Plan, and/or is an English Language Learner (ELL), can they still receive help for eLearning?
If your student has accommodations these can still be arranged through our Resource Instructors.
Marion County Students: Please Contact Mrs. Amy Herbert for assistance. firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnson County Students: Please Contact Mrs. Christy Todd for assistance. email@example.com
May 1, 2020. This decision does include the Central Nine campus.
collaborate steadily while still utilizing our waiver days.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday starting April 13th will be
instructors. These days are for instructors to prepare curriculum,
answer questions, and collaborate with other staff members.)
On Thursday, April 3rd, 2020, Governor Holcomb announced that all school campuses will be closed for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester. This decision does include the Central Nine campus.
Central Nine leaders have updated an eLearning schedule that will allow instructors and students to collaborate steadily while still utilizing our waiver days.
Our eLearning schedule will proceed as follows: Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday starting April 13th will be eLearning days.
Week 1: April 13th, 15th, and 17th
Week 2: April 20th, 22nd, and 24th
Week 3: April 25th, 29th, and May 1st
Week 4: April 4th, 6th, and 8th
Week 5: May 11th, 13th, and 15th(May 15th will be our last day of eLearning. May 18th – 21st are not official school days however Central Nine staff and Instructors will still be available online for students to contact if needed.)