Health and safety
Please see the PDF above and review the information below for tips on how to continue through the school year.
If Students Show Signs of Illness on Campus...
As an additional measure of safety, the Student Services Conference Room will temporarily function as a sickbay. Any student who is exhibiting non-COVID-19 symptoms of illness, such as cold and flu, will be held in the sickbay until a parent or guardian can retrieve the student.
COVID-19 Point of Contact
These individuals will communicate with parents, our partner schools, health department, etc.
JOE PREDA, DEAN OF STUDENTS
(317) 888-4401 EXT 235
AUBREI TETER, CAREER COUNSELOR
(317) 888-4401 EXT 294
What is Central Nine doing to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus?
Central Nine is taking the following precautions to help stop the spread. Staff and student cooperation are essential. Remember, we are #INthistogether.
- By August 6th, staff will be trained on Central Nine’s expectations for cleaning and social distancing in classrooms and labs.
- Any student with a fever of a 100.4 or greater should remain home until they are “fever free” (without a fever-reducing medicine) for 24 hours.
- Any student who has cold or flu symptoms should stay home for 24 hours.
- Masks will be required, and social distancing standards will be implemented when possible.
- Cleaning procedures will be increased.
- Door handles will be sanitized as often as possible.
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers will be installed in the building.
- Signs encouraging proper hand-washing and sneezing/coughing techniques will be posted.
- Classrooms and office spaces will be provided with hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Desks/work areas of sick students will be sanitized immediately.
- Students and staff are encouraged to stay home if sick. Do not “tough it out.”
- Mask policies will be enforced.
- Each student has been supplied with a water bottle. All water fountains will be turned off. Instead, Central Nine will be using water bottle filling stations to provide students with access to water throughout the day.
- Students will be assigned specific entrances through the buildings. They will also be required to follow floor arrows and pathways.
- Starting October 19th, Programs will be able to schedule up to three guests within a nine week period. Any and all guests will be required to fill out a guest entry form before arriving to campus. (No more than two guests in a room per program.)